New Hope Ivyland Railroad Celebrates Lansdale Incorporation with Special Ride
For the first time ever, on August 25, 2012, ride the New Hope and Ivyland from New Hope to Lansdale in celebration of the second annual Lansdale "Founder's Day" and the 140th anniversary of the Borough of Lansdale's incorporation. The train will depart New Hope and travel the entire length of the NHRR, a total of 17.5 miles to the Warminster R2 SEPTA station.
After a brief station stop at SEPTA's Warminster station, the train will continue over SEPTA tracks to Lansdale, PA, another 20 mile journey. Once in Lansdale, passengers can attend the many events featuring the Lansdale Farmers' Market, Festival of the Arts, Municipal Complex Open Houses and Lansdale Historical Society tours.
The train will depart New Hope promptly at 8:30am, making its first stop at Warminster Station at 9:40am and then arriving in Lansdale by 10:50am. The train will depart Lansdale to return passengers at 3:55pm arriving in Warminster at by 5:00pm and making its final stop in New Hope by 6:00pm.
Tickets are now on sale for this once in a lifetime event. Interested parties can become a part of "history in the making" aboard the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad. Reserve tickets today online at www.newhoperailroad.com or call the reservation line at 215-862-6169. Limited number of tickets available.
Your $79 Coach ticket includes:
- 75 mile round trip ride in one of our antique railcars
- Historic narration of the railroad from New Hope to Warminster
- Commemorative train ticket
Your $99 First class ticket includes all of the above plus:
- Be among the first to board the train
- Ride in the nicest car of our fleet. This car features the original mahogany interior, polished brass fixtures, tables and chairs instead of bus type seating, modern climate control and private bar service (seating is limited)
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverage and light refreshments included
Additional announcements will be made regarding special mini-excursions from Lansdale to Souderton. A tremendously rare opportunity to ride the rails as our ancestors did aboard vintage railroad cars and equipment, enjoying the sights and sounds of classic railroading just as folks did in so many years ago.
The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad is located at 32 W. Bridge Street, New Hope, Pennsylvania 18938. For more information please visit www.newhoperailroad